inspire me

" i am lost, i am lost / in the robes of all this light ..." ~ sylvia plath

* color homage silhouette texture shape pattern zeitgeist accessory lines classic studded rock-and-roll bohemian streamlined avant-garde *

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spring Break: Moments of Zen

It's been a non-stop spring, hence the lack of posts and the temporary demise of my sanity.  However, my spring break was punctuated by a few sunny moments that brought some happiness and calm:
{Visiting beautiful baby Avery and mama Jennie - this little girl is such a smily, funny, cuddly beauty.  Look at her rocking her pastel and polka-dots - so on-trend.}
{I spend an inordinate amount of time on the chaise lounge in our living room next to this built-in bookshelf, and it's been a mess of paper piles and clutter.  Getting it in order was a major accomplishment, with frequently used items on back-to-back book-ends front and center.}
{Prescription glasses for movie-watching, iPad, frequently read books (you can never be too old for Grimm's fairy tales), my college thesis (short story collection).}
{Kindle, Moleskine musings, current reading material.  I read A Tree Grows In Brooklyn a couple of times a year; have done so since I was a kid.  Some books are home.}
{My Little Pony-esque nails - dark lilac with pink glitter.  Inspiration scrapbook and coffee-table fashion books.  Yes, I bought Lauren Conrad's Style.  Girl knows what's up.}
{A dark periwinkle silk blouse from H&M that I find myself reaching for constantly, for both work and play.  The deep jewel tone makes me happy and plays well with a lot of my wardrobe.}

Lots of color, a beautiful baby, spring cleaning, organization, and plenty of reading material are ideal antidotes to a frenetic life-pace.  Breathe, sigh, re-boot.
-xo

No comments:

Post a Comment