inspire me

" i am lost, i am lost / in the robes of all this light ..." ~ sylvia plath

* color homage silhouette texture shape pattern zeitgeist accessory lines classic studded rock-and-roll bohemian streamlined avant-garde *

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

{My mother going nuts dancing at my wedding after changing into her party-rocking dress.  I was asked several times if she was "okay to drive home."  She doesn't drink.  And she stole those stunna shades from Mike (in background).}
{A summer breeze on my wedding morning.}
Today the husband and I cooked a decadent lunch to celebrate my mom.  It involved grilled steak with kimchi butter, grilled asparagus and radicchio, giant cheeseburgers (beef mixed with pork, bacon fat, Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of light curry powder, and organic cheddar on egg rolls), potato salad, shrimp/veggie/pasta salad, wine, beers, and Diet Coke.  It was a great time with family and a warm, sunny day.

It's so nice to be able to spoil my mom sometimes.  She is the most generous, spirited, strong and amazing woman I know.  I am grateful to have inherited her joie de vivre and her drive.  In my last post, I wrote about vaguely regretting never moving to New York - but hand in hand with that, I am deeply thankful that I am 5 minutes from my mama.  To everyone, whether you are lucky enough to spend the day with your mothers or are perhaps missing them - Happy Mother's Day. - xo

1 comment: