inspire me

" i am lost, i am lost / in the robes of all this light ..." ~ sylvia plath

* color homage silhouette texture shape pattern zeitgeist accessory lines classic studded rock-and-roll bohemian streamlined avant-garde *

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Fort Tryon Park


Just a  few moments from an idyllic spring weekend with BFF Marina a few weeks ago.  Every time I go to the city to see my besties, I feel the (rare yet pronounced!) twinges of regret that I never moved there as I intended to do after college - as much as I love it where I live, nothing compares.  M. lives right near beautiful, story-book Fort Tryon Park, where she almost decided to have her wedding.  We went for a magical after-breakfast (grilled cheese and corned beef sandwiches) walk with iced coffees and the kind of watercolor-illustration spring day that makes you want to match the freshness of the blossoms and the lush seasonal palette.

{Trippy sculptures scattered throughout the park; M. looking fresh in J.Crew/Tendenza threads and jewels; dramatic flora and the lovely New Leaf restaurant tucked away amongst amazing twisty, bendy trees that arch like a canopy over-head; you're never too old for dandelion wishes.}

We ate at New Leaf the night before, enjoying special cocktails and delicious meals - the late-night walk through the park was just as beautiful, with a great view of the George Washington bridge sparkling across the water and a lilac-scented breeze.  Neither M. nor I are much for serious "hiking," but this was the perfect nature stroll for two girls with lots to discuss and a penchant for posing with petals.
-xo

No comments:

Post a Comment